Google+ Followers

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Henderson County TN

Many of you know that I've spent the last several months working on the committee to restore the Doe Creek School & Church in Scotts Hill, Henderson County TN. Its been the most rewarding experience I've had since moving to Tennessee four years ago. I've asked myself "why" I was destined to move here -- I believe Doe Creek is part of the reason.
The building was taken down - one log at a time - and put back together again - one log at a time. It was done by prison labor donated by the state of Tennessee. It was accomplished by thousands and thousands of donated dollars and even more thousands of donated hours. A dedicated community and interested people brought the dream to reality and I'm very proud to have been a part of it.
Here is the Dedication Ceremony.. July 15, 2007..
Christine Walters
Henderson County Host
http://genealogytrails.com/tenn/henderson/

No comments: