Saturday, July 21, 2007
Lee County IL Updates
The "Ordnance Plant" was a division of Stewart-Warner. They manufactured bombs and other weapons of WW 2. This was one of those "top secret" and dangerous facilities. The factory quickly opened in 1942 - and just as quickly closed down in 1945. This is the brochure of their "Open House" October 24, 1942 which was contributed by Mike & Diane Hosler. The brochure shows a clean facility and smiling people, but it was in fact a very serious production and very hard work.
This type of thing is hard to find anymore.